Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Revelations

Moved away from Richmond for a little while. Was expecting to take this time to get my life and my head together, but instead my room is a disaster, and I've been spending my life on the couch for the past few weeks melting my brain with reality TV. Slowly slipping into insanity due to unhealthy habits and a sluggish lifestyle is not my idea of relaxation. I like getting things done, waking up each morning with a purpose and a plan. I'm happiest when I can go to bed after a day of serious productivity. Lost sight of that for a minute, but last night I took a trip with some friends to Spirits and Lyrics, a poetry spot in Manassas, Va and had a great time. It was intimate, fun, and very comfortable, and we were well received on the open mic. It reminded me of how much there is out there in the world. More people, more places and more experiences than the ones our everyday lives present. It's up to you to create your happiness.  I want to get back to getting shit done. I don't want my ideas to be in vain, simply welling up inside me never to be expressed. I am ready to get back to grinding so I can get back to the city and do big things. No more wasting time. More poetry coming soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment